Psoriasis and chemo

• 2 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi all 

I finished treatment last year & been given all clear but have a problem with my psoriasis. I've suffered with it for many years on my elbows and knees but chemo cleared it up completely, unfortunately a while after finishing chemo it started to return but this time all over my body. I've got a referral to a dermatologist marked urgent but been told it could take up to 10 months to be seen. The new patches of psoriasis don't seem to respond to my steroid cream. Anybody had any experience of any of this?

• Sorry to hear this….. I can understand how you feel as I was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a rather rare (8 in a million) type of Skin Non Hodgkins Lymphoma that was like extreme psoriasis.

I have spoken to many people who have found their psoriasis comes back worse….. and others who develop psoriasis after treatment is completed.

Dermatology is a very busy department and as you see long waiting times…… you will need to ask your GP to see if they can push this appointment for you.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for that, I'll try getting my GP to push it for me.