Can anyone say if the Revitive machine works for Peripheral Neuropathy?

• 6 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi All

I've been left with Peripheral Neuropathy since my Paclitaxel chemo. My Oncologist prescribed 300mg Gabapentin (3 daily) and increased to 600mg but this's doing nothing it seems. Hand are slightly better but feet feel like cold blocks of stone.

Has anyone tried the Revitive machine that's advertised on TV? At the moment don't know if this'll be permanent, only finished chemo 6 weeks ago.

Any advice would be appreciated, B xx

• Hi

I've just done a search for 'revitive' and found these posts which mention it. It looks like some people have had success with it.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Anne, I think I must have spelt it incorrectly when I searched earlier as I only found the vaginal lubricant - which I certainly don't need LOL!

Thanks

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi 
    I still have almost numb feet, mostly on the soles and toes - it has improved a little since chemo finished, but there has not been noticeable progress over the last few weeks and I am concerned.  I contacted the physio that is linked to my GP practice and she phoned back a few days ago and had a few suggestions.  She mentioned the Tens machine that gives an electric current - some have found that helpful - I don’t know much about the revitive machine (except the adverts!)

I have been doing feet circling exercises and trying to pick things up from the floor with my feet, but the physio also suggested trying to reprogram the nerves by using different fabrics and surfaces eg. Stroke your leg with a towel and then immediately put your feet on it, repeat with other textiles or tiles, carpet etc.  She also said that it was early days and that it can take 12 - 18 months, but also that improvement is unlikely after 18 months have elapsed.  She is going to discuss it with my gp, as there are tests they can do to see how our nerves are doing, so I will keep you posted on what is suggested xx

• Hi . So sorry, forgot to get back to you! I went ahead and purchased an Osito electric stimulation machine (like the Revitive but a lot cheaper)

I was just about to use it when I read the notes - not suitable for people with blood pressure, diabetes, pacemakers, AF etc. Then I noticed it mentioned people with cancer and have tumours I've written to my Oncologist, he hasn't got back to me yet but I'm seeing him next week so will ask again. My CNS thinks it wouldn't be a problem but she did say to check first.

I've also done some reprogramming exercises but they haven't helped a great deal. My fingers are a lot better but feet still numb. I'm ok walking but hate the numb feeling.

Take care, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi just came across your post. I bought a Revitive machine during lockdown and before cancer to help with neuropathy as a Fibromyalgia/M.E sufferer and can honestly say 30 minutes per day definately has a positive impact on the neuropathy. Definately worth investing in one. 

• Hi. I have numbness in the fingertips and feet (patchy but across toes and soles). Oddly enough during the treatment (CAPOX) I didn't have any numbness, just tingling, so I'm hoping this will improve over time. I finished treatment about nine weeks ago. Although I can walk fine, it's fairly uncomfortable. Did you find a solution to alleviate the symptoms?