Mum's gone

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Mum lost her fight yesterday morning. It wasn't altogether the peaceful end we wished for her purely because it seemed the health care professionals in the community seemed reluctant to sedate her more readily. This meant she was all to aware of her end which wasnt easy and which seemed particularly cruel to me.

But mum ended her days where she wanted which was at home with her family around her. Its my birthday today and she had the foresight to leave me a card which I found last night. This prompted a sobbing session. Mum died half an hour before her favourite carers came to complete her personal care so there was a gaggle of ladies crying and saying their goodbyes which I thought was lovely, it helps the grieving and healing for us all.

Mum had a 3-6 months prognosis of lung cancer. She didn't want any treatments or investigations or interventions. She lasted 19 months!

I feel bereft with this gaping void in my life and in my house with periods of sobbing. I am SO pleased to have had the privilidge to care for her and she ended her days knowing she was loved and cared for. Life will never be quite the same.......

Love, strength and hugs to all carers from a now ex-carer. Signing off from cat crazy4.......

• So sorry for your loss my dear God bless mum she is at peace now and this cruel disease no longer has dominion over her .We are still here for you as long as you need us and you have been a wonderful daughter and she is always with you .You take care lots of hugs  xx

Granny Sue

• I'm so sorry for your loss.Sending huge hugs.Jane XXX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I'm very sorry to hear the news of your mum and I send my condolences.

I know this won't mean a lot to you today but a belated happy birthday this day will bring back all the happy memories you made with your mum in the future.

I'm glad that your mum got her wishes and was at home yesterday and she was able to spend her last moments with you and her family around her.

I hope that by signing off you don't mean you are leaving us, you are still welcome to contribute in the group and share your experiences with others who are approaching the same stage as you are tonight.

It is a privilege to care for someone we love and to let them know how much they were loved and cared for, life for you may never be the same but in time the bond you had with your mum will see you take everything life has to throw in your stride knowing that she is still watching over you.

My thoughts are with you tonight.

Ian

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi, probably won't leave the group but may be less active. Swinging between sobbing, moments of being catatonic and being calm. Just taking my time getting through what needs to be done along with my family and those mum's fun loving character touched.

Thanks to you for your kind words and to everyone for their kindness and support over the months of this carers journey. Our house has been horribly quiet since mum left us...

Love and support to all of you out their doing your best for those you care for, what brave , resilient souls you are xx

• Just hoping you are holding up.