Feeling lost

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 44 subscribers

im so tired and weepy today. Mum sacked her carers in feb and I’m a bit worn out. She lives 40 mins away and I’m going every other day after work or on my day off. Sometimes I sleep because she sleeps better when I’m there then come home at 5am to get kids to school and go to work. 

I did 3 different hospitals with mum and my son last week and I get sons results today then mum has another hospital app tomorrow. 

My my brother lives overseas I want him to come and stay so we can go on holiday in the summer - he has said he will sort something but hasn’t said yes. 

I don’t feel I have anything to look forward to. In fact I feel ill but I can’t be poorly because I’m already on absence monitoring at work. 

Just feeling sorry for myself - how do other people manage to have a holiday I think if that was sorted I could cope a bit better. 

• Hi lobby b, you are under a huge amount of pressure, no wonder you feel as you do. Do you think it would be possible to get your mum new carers to give you a break. Hopefully she may take to them. Would it be unreasonable to ask her to try and tolerate them so you could have a little break,? It's a tough question, I know. I just think you really need to have some you time whether or not you manage to get away for a holiday. If it doesn't happen make sure you hav e some treats in store for yourself. Hope this doesn't sound too simplistic. Really hope your brother can help you out. And you do get away. 

It really wouldn't be fair for you to be in trouble with work, can Mcmillan give you any advice regarding this? Keep strong, you have our best wishes xx

Love is eternal
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Needing friends

Hi Libby B I know how you feel iv been there and yes it was bad for me too i was looking after my dad with cancer and my mum with Alzhiemers . we feel so alone my sister only lives 5 minute walk from my parents house and she never came to help me or give me time to myself i had both parents 24/7 as i moved back home to care for them.

Im sure if youy spoke with macmillian nurses they might just be able to get your mum into restbite so you vcan have time away from caring and not worrying all the time . If thats not avalible try carers trust or cares in your local phone book they are a great help

Stay strong and sending you love xxxx  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Update my brother has come up trumps as is coming for the full 2 weeks! I’m so grateful. 

Mums carers were lovely she just had to make a big contribution and was worrying about money so much. 

I brought it up today and she doesn’t want to talk about it. I have told her I will pay but think it may be tricky time over the next few days but I’m so tired and I’m hoping she is going to be here a lot longer so it’s a marathon not a sprint but feel like I’ve been sprinting since November.. 

thank you you for the lovely replies it’s just nice to know you are not on your own 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi LibbyB So glad to here your brother is coming over to care for your mum to let u have a holiday away from caring it will help recharge your batteries and do u the world of good then you will be able to give more care to your mum running run and not on an empty leval of energy . stay positive and keep looking forward to your brother arriving and to your break away it will help you cope until he arrives hunni 

we are all here because we are carers together and some of us are no longer carers for our loved one but like to help and give little bits of help and support to carers like yourself 

sending you a big hug xxx