The group nobody wants to be part of…

• 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi all just joined the group as my wife has had first chemo this week. 6 months of chemo ahead.. any recommendations how to get through this welcome! Thanks

• Hi  

Welcome to our special club full of new friends we will probably never meet.

I think perhaps the most common thing would be to take things one day as a time. You might like to look at the forum specific to your wife's cancer too as that can be helpful.

I found the chemo suite a really quite positive experience and we quite often had some really interesting talks as we put the world to rights. For Janice of course that was before covid so things might be rather different now. We are also really lucky in Oxford to have a branch of Maggie's on site and that staff and volunteers in there are very helpful.

There is quite a good page in your feelings when someone has cancer that I find quite helpful, many on here say things like "I have to be strong" though I wish it was as easy to do as type. Noticing our emotions and recognizing them as legitimate though can be helpful in making them less overwhelming.

Do post on here whenever, someone is always listening and together we can make a great team.

<<hugs>>

Steve 

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks a lot. That sounds hopeful and glad I found this forum..

• Just take it a step at a time. Thinking of you both