One year since husbands diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

I don't know where the last year has gone it's been one thing after another .Husband diagnosed with tonsil soft palette base of tongue cancer had tonsillectomy  and ended up in ICU on a mechanical vent as they couldn't make him , managed on the third attempt then sent him home next morning straight from ICU . Then he had three courses of chemotherapy going to hospital once a month and then wearing a portable pump each time at home for four days . Next it was 35 days of chemoradiotherapy and it's subsequent side effects got to the last 3 treatments and contracted sepsis . Initial cancer treated but now has a tumour at base of skull which because of position and time from last treatments is being held with immunotherapy .I'm the sole carer and feeling tired mentally and physically and on auto pilot trying to be strong and there for him but inside feeling empty . 

I know that we are all going through it but just wanted to put my frustration and feelings down SORRY

• Hi  

Certainly get how one thing runs in to another and sometimes it can feel there is never time to think we just do what we must one day to the next. Sepsis can be a nasty reminder that something else can wipe us out too.

Do you have a carers assessment? It can be helpful in getting us some support because if we break then who picks up our peices.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge