A new experience

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi all, cancer is a new experience for me. My grandmother has liver cancer spreading to lymphs, quite aggressive. We are very close and im looking around to see what support is out there for family. Very odd experience and not really sure how to feel!

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about your grandmother but congratulations on finding your way to our community. As well as this specific group we have another for Family and friends forum that might be helpful.

On our main site we have a range of information here and of course if it help anyone can join our community and also speak to staff on the helpline.

If might help you to to look at our Liver cancer forum as there will be a lot of people there with lived experience and at all stages of treatment - they will certainly remember when they too were introduced to cancer for the first time.

For me my lived experience is through my wife - we have been here quite a while though and with love and care we have got to the stage of living with cancer. Not the most welcome friend but not one that is likely to go away anytime soon. 

Do post whenever, someone is always listening as we have all been there at some point.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge