Hello- introducing myself

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hello - my dad had successful cancer treatment 2 years ago, he now has a tumour on his kidney but there are no treatment options as his heart is too weak. He has been referred to a hospice but told that there is no suggestion that he will need it imminently. He will no more next week when someone comes to see him but it’s just a bit confusing at the moment 

• Hi  

Sorry to read there are no treatment options for your dad but hopefully they will be looking to keep him as comfortable as possible. Good that he is touch with the hospice for when he might need it. My wife was referred over 10 years ago but we have not had cause to see them since.

Waiting is one of the greatest pains it seems we all suffer from, those results just never seem to come as quickly as anyone likes.

Do let us know how the meeting goes and if there is anything we can help with we can try to support you, caring can be hard work but also very rewarding.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Steve, thank you for your lovely message and for sharing your experience. I will update after the meeting.