Stand in support whilst I'm away

• 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I  hope this post doesn't offend anyone - I have seen how much pain others are going through. Trust me, I've been there too. My husband was diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer in 2015. It's been a long journey, and hard. He is still here, crashing through multiple 'sell by' dates. 

My daughter talked me in to booking  on a holiday with her and the kids a year ago. The holiday is now near, four weeks away! Hubby is on palliative care, and my other daughter has said she will come round daily. Does anyone know of any service I can book or apply to who will also step in with daily calls, about an hour or so? It's just to keep eyes on him, no personal care, maybe preparing a light meal?

Thanks for reading...!

• Hi SummerWine welcome to the forum. If you felt able to please consider giving  the Macmillan Line a call as they may be better placed to let you know on a geographical basis what services are available  nearby that you could maybe tap into. 08088080000.  

gail

Community Champion Badge

• My oh has the same, I would love to go away for a recharge like you i need someone to keep a eye on him from time to time  , it hard to do anything the moment,  

• Thanks, I'll give them a try, although they do seem to be very thin on the ground round here, we're struggling to get any kind of practical support or regular visits form our McMillan nurse. Hubby's illness is very advanced, and I think I'll end up paying for private carers. I'm pretty desperate for the break, he's a difficult patient, no doubt bewildered by what the bloody disease had done to him.

Thanks for the reply, and i'm sorry for the delay in responding. I have tried a few times but haven't yet cracked how to navigate the site!

Cheers, Summerwine