Husband diagnosed with bowel cancer I’m struggling emotionally at the moment

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

I am struggling with my emotions currently, my husband was diagnosed with bowel cancer with metastasis in his liver and speckles in his lungs. Advised will shorten his life, surgery not appropriate and started chemotherapy, 6 sessions then rescan, then 6 further sessions if has had a positive effect. Otherwise palliative care.

I had breast cancer 2019 now clear, I have tried to stay positive and supportive. I do suffer with low mood at times and am on antidepressants. I have increased my anti depressants, but in last few days struggling, feeling tearful and short tempered. Just needed to reach out 

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about your husband and your own cancer journey too. Watching a loved one going through diagnosis and treatment is really hard and the "advised will shorten his life" - it rather unhelpful since there are so many things that might get us.

The trying to stay positive and supportive bit - just wish that was as easy to do as it is to say. I am so glad you reached out on here though as living with cancer can feel very lonely and it is surprising here how warm our club can feel when we just type at each other.

If it helps remember too you are more than welcome to ring the helpline.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge