Macmillan Nurses “role”

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

So week before last dad was bleeding into his catheter, before ringing me mum rang our Macmillan nurse and left a message, well 2 weeks later and a drs appointment and an ambulance with blue lights turning up still no word from Macmillan nurse, is this how it works? Mum and Dad both in their 80’s, Dad is now back in Hospital, I’m sure I was told that our nurse was there for any questions and before anyone shoots me down, obviously Dad back in hospital but no response from Macmillan Nurse?

• Hello Staffymama,

Thank you for posting on the Online Community, I'm Eliza from the Community team at Macmillan. Here on the Community team we look after Macmillan’s Online Community and help all our members find the right support for them. Hopefully someone from the Carers forum will be along soon and be able to share their experiences with you. In the meantime I just wanted to offer some additional support. 

Our webpage on Macmillan nurses has some further information on the roles Macmillan nurses have. This webpage advises if you would like to talk about your care or give feedback about a Macmillan nurse, you should contact the hospital, hospice or your dad's GP practice.

I'm sorry to hear your dad is back in hospital, it sounds like you have all been going through a lot as a family. If you'd like to explore additional support options for you and your family, please remember you can also contact our Support Line. Our support team are available 7 days a week, 8am-8pm on freephone 0808 808 00 00email or live webchat. They are here to listen and help you find the right support. They’re here to chat, and they can also help with any questions you have. Please just note that the Support Line does not have contact details for Macmillan nurses.

I hope you will find the Online Community helpful as a place to read other members' experiences and talk about how you feel. If you would like some additional support from the Community team, please reach out to us over email to community@macmillan.org.uk
    Best wishes,
    Eliza
    Macmillan Community Team