Feeling tired, run down and sad

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Just found this forum, I’m here because my dad has prostate cancer and my mum has dementia.. untill recently my dad was doing most of the caring for my mum, but he’s now having hormone injections and has gone downhill very quickly! (Is this normal) he is extremely tired, lacks in energy and isn’t great on his feet anymore, seems to always be in pain. There is just me and I’m running between my own house and there’s constantly, cooking cleaning companionship anything that needs doing really! I also work! Does anyone know of any help available for them to lighten the load, I’m absolutely exhasted.. my mother is in diognosed at present but we’re working on that, Thea housebound and mobility is very bad.. I’m stuck in a rut and making myself poorly trying to do it all, any suggestions would be greatly received… thanks Tracey

• I am so sorry you are having to deal with so much. I would suggest talking to your GP, they really are best placed to arrange any sort of care and getting them on side will be hugely helpful. Its worth reminding them that you also need care and support or you too will be ill and needing care. Have you been in touch with macmillan nurses to see what help may be available? You simply cannot go on doing it all yourself as well as working. Are there any other family members who could help? x