New to the group

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi, my Husband has recently been diagnosed as having Advanced Prostate Cancer that has spread to the Lymph Nodes and in the lower spine and left hip. It’s been a complete shock and we are all trying to process it. Thought I would join the online community so that I was amongst others  going through the same situation 

• Hi  and welcome to our special family where talking about cancer is normal - that is the reality for most people of course but somehow we manage to convince ourselves that the big C will not touch us.

If we look at Your feelings when someone has cancer we can see how boringly normal our emotions are, My wife has had Leiomyosarcoma now for 7 years, two round of chemotherapy have rendered it stable and that is a happy place for us.

You did better than me - I found the community much later in my journey and was close to breaking point - I even wrote an article for my employers magazine - What will it take before you ask for help and that got a lot of positive feedback.

Do post whenever and you might also like to look in our Prostate cancer forum where people share their stories and also what worked for them,

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you, I have joined that group aswell.