Any advice on lifting my Sister’s mood.

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hello everyone l am new to this group.  My beloved Sister has been diagnosed for the second time with breast cancer.  14 years ago she battled it and now it is  metastatic cancer spread to other areas of her body.  The big change to her life this time is that she cannot walk very far and needs a wheelchair.  Plus not being able to drive anymore she has totally lost her independence.  She is tired understandably due to the medication but l think boredom has a big part to play.  I have managed to book a holiday but could anyone recommend anything to lift her mood.  She is stuck in the house a lot and not particularly interested in crafting types of activity.  Shopping is a trial because she can no longer reach things and gets stressed out as a bit frightened in the electric wheelchair.   I am not strong enough to lift her wheelchair in and out of my car so whilst l can take her out for a drive l am limited to what else we can do just as sisters together.

thank you 

• Hi  

welcome to our lovely club though so sorry to read about what both your sister and you are going through. I am sorry really that I do not have a really great solution for you but wondered if you had considered ringing our helpline and talking to one of the advisers there - 0808 808 0000 - the line is open from 8am to 8pm 7 days a week and they should be able to help you look at things that may be of help to both of you.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for your help