HeatingUtilities

• 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I have joined today. My husband 54! Cry has been diagnosed 3 weeks ago with advanced kidney & liver desease, also heart problems. His prognosis is less than 3 months life expectancy!Broken heartBroken heart

My 8 year old dog had a heart attack yesterday & I resuscitated him. He's now been diagnosed with chronic heart & kidney desease! Sob

I'm in bits, the heartache is unimaginable, as I'm sure you will all know the feelings. Cry

My question is as my heat/washing machine on constantly I'm worried sick about going into debt as I can't afford normal bills, we cannot get Universal Credit as I work full time. 

Anyone know of any help available that not means tested? 

Thanks! Dee

• Hi Dee,

Phone macmillan and ask if they can help you sort out some attandance allowance. This is not meanstested and is a weekly payment to your husband to help out.

It really sounds like you're going through it at the moment. I hope you have friends or family who can help and be there for you. If not, we will be here for you too. Hopefully as Spring arrives you can start to use your washing line a little more, but hopefully you can get some help to also reduce the financial stress you're having to also deal with.

• You should be entitled to the maximum PIP allowance, my partner was recently diagnosed with terminal liver cancer and the macmillan nurses at the hospital filled all the paperwork out and did it all for us, they were amazing. I am so sorry you are having a tough time, and with your furbaby as well, it just seems so unfair. I am 62 and I know the pain you are feeling, at times its almost unbearable but then there is so much other stuff for us to deal with and think about. If your partner is at home, contact your energy provider and see if they can help in any way, even if it is to get you on the prioriy register so if you have power cuts etc, you get priority response. I have only been on this forum for a couple of weeks but it has helped me so, so much. Sending you lot of love x