Inoperable oesophageal adenoma

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hello

does anyone have experience of Folfox as chemo for inoperable oesophageal cancer?
My husbands diagnosis was completed in November and he had 2 rounds of CarboX in December.  However that hammered his immunity more than expected and he ended up in hospital with sepsis and very painful skin reaction. 

He’s been started on Folfox as an alternative. Had one round and second due this week. So far he’s been better with this regime but I know it’s usually used for bowel cancer rather than oesophageal. Has anyone any experience of its use with OC? 

So difficult to know what to expect - it’s so different for everyone.

Thanks

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about your husbands reaction to his first chemo - my wife's cancer is totally different but she too had issues with the first drug they tried on her.

You might get more takers if you posted in  as there may well be people there to share. I did a quick search and there were a number of threads on Folfox though most seemed six months or more old.

Definitely relate to the knowing what to expect issues though - I had a dream that my life was kind of in control but then the world tried to teach me otherwise.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge