Blood Pressure

• 3 replies
  • 44 subscribers

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had fluctuations in blood pressure in the people they are caring for?

My husband who has terminal stage 4 basal cell carcinoma,  no treatment apart from surgery 2.5 years ago + is otherwise reasonably well - recently his blood pressure was very high + when we tested twice a day every day for a week it was sometimes very low too. He has never had this problem before. His BP has always been normal. 

I'm wondering if others have noticed such fluctuations?

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about your husband and this more recent worry. There could be about a million and one explanations for this some of them related to cancer and others not. In his position I would however strongly recommend going to talk to the GP as only they have the ability to work about what is happening in his case.

I have never had cancer myself by am kept under annual monitoring by my GP after a heart scare many years ago, rattle slightly too with the drugs I take.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Steve.  It was discovered at the gp surgery when having his annual diabetic check.  I'm not convinced by gp response so was wondering about others experience. We've decided to monitor ourselves for a month or so and may contact oncologist about it depending on outcome. 

I guess my concern is that his primary tumour is in his chest and may be affecting his heart + bp. 

• I remember some time on here somebody mentioned a vague red rash on their cheek to the oncologist - who recognized the symptom right away and they got really prompt treatment - it is always worth flagging something up with the oncology team - just in case.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge