Leaving the group

• 1 reply
  • 42 subscribers

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I would like to say that my heart goes out to all of you who are finding themselves in the difficult role of carer for a loved one with cancer. I know it is a tremendously difficult situation, and I am so happy that there is this group where you can come and share and find support from other people in a similar situation. I have been a member of this forum for the last five years (or even a little more). After my husband died in May of 2018, I said that I would stay on here to support other carers with. But the truth is that I never came here to support anyone. Life became too hectic, too much to do, and I would always see the emails in my inbox and promise myself that I would read them properly and respond but then something else got in the way. So today I have decided that it is time for me to leave the group. I am not of any help to anyone and the emails are filling my inbox and I just don't have the time or energy to deal with them. I wish you all the strength, love, compassion and support that you need on this journey. Your loved ones need you; but you also need support as the carer, so please always reach out to this group or a local support group or a helpline or family and friends, never think you have to do it all alone.

Sending lots of love to you all!

Mel.

• Hi Mel,

Thanks for letting us know and for helping to highlight to others the power of our community. It really makes me quite happy to hear your life is full because that is perhaps the best outcome for all of us.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge