Dog walking group - what do you think

• 3 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi everyone

Was chatting to a professional today and when they asked how I was doing one of the thinks I mentioned was how walking my dog helped me de-stress and they mentioned that lots of people say the same.

So it got me thinking about group dog walks for people who care ir even have canxer themselves.

Had a look online and can't see anything local but what do you all think do you reckon people would enjoy it xx

• I don't have a dog but I would enjoy that!  South London area x

September 2022 aged 63 diagnosed with HPV associated SCC base of tongue T4 N2 M0. Chemo & radiotherapy for 6 weeks ending Nov 2022.  Dec 2023 one year all clear. See my profile for longer story

• When I have been out for a walk I have always found people out with their dogs being among the most sociable group I meet. We also have a milk shake shop in town that is very dog friendly.

One story I found really heart warming was https://www.maxoutinthelakedistrict.co.uk/ in the book Max the miracle dog.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• That sounds like a super idea. I know walking the dog helped my mother with my father.  I would love a dog but getting one now would be impossible with supporting my husband through his journey. However, going out with a group of dog walkers would be a great distraction and de-stresses as long as the dogs are well mannered.