Scary - partner diagnosed with bowel cancer

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

My partner has very recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer. He didn't have any symptoms and was hospitalised because of an unrelated problem. On one of his CT scans it showed up a thickening of the lining of the bladder and he was referred for a cystoscopy.

He had the cystoscopy on Oct 21st and was diagnosed during the scope, and told the tumour is cancerous. Now waiting for an appointment for TURBT.

What a dreadful shock!! For both of us!

I think we're both feeling the same at the moment - in limbo and feeling very surreal 

• Hi and welcome to our community.

On the one hand definitely relate to the shock bit - then on the other hand think how lucky to have found the cancer almost by accident since as we hear all the time early treatment is pretty much always better.

If you wanted to talk about bowel cancer and treatment etc you would be welcome to post in Bowel (colon and rectal) cancer forum.

My wife's cancer is very different but been here for a bit of a while. Certainly it is not difficult for me to relate to Your feelings when someone has cancer and sometimes it just help to recognize how we feel and accept that is normal.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge