Temp accomodation in Newcastle area for family member supporting autistic cancer patient

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

My daughter whom has autism has recently been diagnosed with secondary cancer.

She relocated to Newcastle in April in a small 1 bedroom flat, and has friends she's made in the area socially. But her dad and myself are her main carers, as she has aspergers She doesn't receive the support that she needs as the government system is discrimatory.

We, Amy's dad and myself her mother live in Macclesfield, Cheshire, which is 3 hrs drive away.

There's been a lot of telephone conversations and appts relative to the recent diagnosis that we've had to support Amy with.  We know that we shall be travelling back and too to the area for quite a while. We've tried staying at my daughter's flat now for a week and there really is not enough room and it's adding to the stress and anxiety that were all feeling.  We have tried staying at a premier in and that's okay for a short while but for any longer it's no good, we need somewhere where we can cook, wash clothes etc

• Hi Peaches1 welcome to the forum and I am sorry that you have not had a response as yet.

I don't know the answer to your query but it  might be worth giving the MacMillan Line a call and see if they could maybe offer you some advice re this . They are contactable on 08088080000. 

Hope that you get something sorted out for you all. xxx

gail

Community Champion Badge