Diagnosed today

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I dont know where to start.. Sat in front of a doctor and my partner got told he has a 11cm tumour in his lung and its gone to a lymph node under collar bone.. 

1. Is this going to be able to be treated oh my god i cant get my head around this.. Scared frightened angry upset feel sick i feel like im going to go mad... 
  • Hi and welcome to our community, though always sorry to see a new member join our club.

We have a lot of information about lung cancer here, noting that probably there are more test yet to come before they know the best way to treat this - this stage of the journey can really be very difficult because we hear so often "treat early" but this is best balanced by getting the best treatment too.

Your emotions are totally normal, looking at Your feelings when someone has cancer it can be helpful sometimes to notice how we feel without it getting overwhelming.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• I got told on the telephone by a complete stranger !  The word shock doesn't describe it. No symptoms. CT scan on my leg for another condition entirely.  People in this forum do say once you get a treatment plan you do feel a bit better. Maybe not much but a bit. Good luck and God bless anyway.