Father has Prostrate Cancer

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hello Everyone, 

I’m currently in my third year of University and my Father was diagnosed around 2 years ago with Stage 4 Cancer. My father does not speak English and I have tried helping him wherever I can with translating but due to my university work and distance I am not available at all times. 

I wanted to know if there is any support groups that have Spanish speakers (or anyone here) for my father, as my Mother has told me he has been feeling really down, crying, and I don’t know how else to support him. I’ve tried speaking to him to lighten him up but i feel helpless as I know the language barriers doesn’t allow me him to express his concern to doctors either. 

Thank you

• Hi

Sorry to hear about your father and the issues you are both feeling. Hopefully you are getting some support from the student welfare service at your university - they can be very helpful.

I do not directly know of any groups targeting Spanish speakers but did find a note here that notes the helpline offers an interpreter service so I hope they may be able to help.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge