Prostate Cancer

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers
  1. My husband has prostate cancer locally advanced diagnosed over 18 months  ago . He has had Radiotheraphy having hormone injections and is taking enzulidomide . My husband has continued to work throughout the treatment . My husband does not wish family or friends to know about his diagnosis or treatment I am finding this very difficult I need my family and friends for support.
  2. This is my second marriage I was widowed 16 years ago I have 2 adult children so does he. I am normally open and transparent whilst he is very private so I am straggling with the privacy issue because I have nobody to talk to and feel that I am not being truthful to family and friends .hoping to get support from this forum.
  • Hi and welcome to our community though sorry to hear about your husband.

if we look at Your feelings when someone has cancer I know I recognize many of the feelings I go through. I also know how sometimes people close can struggle to cope and sometimes will distance themselves so it is not too difficult to understand your husband. Sometimes of course the effects of treatment can be more obvious and also down the line it can feel difficult for friends and family who might feel excluded - a real delicate balancing act for sure.

The wonders of this forum is we are all anonymous, the same is of course true for our helpline when a friendly voice might seem a little more personal than type. 

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Steve , Thank you so much for your reply 

I have read the information you sign posted me to it was really helpful , I guess my husband is still coming to terms with everything as well as dealing with the effects of the treatment whilst continuing to hold down a job .I know it is really challenging for both of us . it is good to have this forum to reach out  for support.

I an trying to keep healthy myself and making time to spend with family and friends this helps.

Thanks for your support

Lucca