Liquid Medicines advice

• 6 replies
  • 45 subscribers

New to here as struggling to deal with everything...

Does anyone have any tips for measuring out liquid medines for my dad to take whilst I'm at work? Bit like a daily pill box but for liquids.

He struggles to see, shaky, confused & cannot manage with a medicine spoon on his own. Have syringes but not really working for us either.

• I've seen some small pots with lids to try but be greatful for any other advice

Thank you

• I was going to suggest syringes, but hat hasn’t worked for you. Don’t have any ideas, except, maybe ask the GP or easier the pharmacist, if the liquid medicines are available in tablet form, unless of course taking tablets is an issue. Perhaps phone the MacMillan help lime, they have a wide experience of such things and may have the answer you need

good luck 

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Hello,

I was going to suggest syringes too…but can I ask what the issue is? 

you’ll get there x

Take a deep breath ... then on with the day.

• Thank you, have 1st Macmillan visit on Monday so will ask them. Have bought tiny shot glasses today to try.

• Thank you, has fought various cancers for past 9 years but he's gone rapidly downhill in last couple of weeks. 

He has very little sight and getting very confused/frustrated but I am trying to give him some independence without being patronising.

Finally been sorted for him to have Macmillan visits, so will see what suggestions they have & how they can help.

• Hello

I’m sorry, such  a tough time. 

following one from Arthur’s email I you can get in tabletform and You can crush (some drugs you can’t)… I used to mix  I with a mini pot of fromge frais.. your dad may hate fromage frais though..  added calories too.

glad Macmillan are now in touch  …support for you both

xx

Take a deep breath ... then on with the day.

1. Hi DL44, I dont know if this will help but has been a godsend for my husband , he has oxynorm liquid 6 times a day and finds it really difficult to see the marker on the measuring cup ,I then found out you can get a stopper for the top of the bottle where you insert the syringe turn the bottle upside down and get the correct amount of medication in the syringe x