Worried about his behaviour

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

I've been with my partner for 25 years ,he's always had a temper but nothing I can sort,since he's being diagnosed with metastases pc he's been so nasty since verbally abusive he can be lovely then turn then he says he can't remember arguing with me ,my I live with him with 2 grown up kids ,my daughter has had enough but argues back and then makes things worse my son keeps out of it ,just don't know if I should call it a day ,I do everything for him mentally I'm falling apart and living on egg shells ,I know hrt can change a person hate cancer 

• hi

So sorry to read about what your entire family is going through. On here we often describe cancer as like a tsunami with waves going through both family and friends.

I get what you mean about living on egg shells, while we can sustain that for a short while it can rapidly empty our own tanks and that is totally unhelpful. Looking at Your feelings when someone has cancer this is so common.

One thing that helped me was doing a living with less stress course. It helped me to focus on issues day to day and meant that I could enjoy good times and helped to put the more difficult times in a more positive way. Going to work helps me in some ways in that there for a while the world seems a bit more normal and I have some control.

I wonder if it might help you to talk to one of the staff on our helpline, they can be really good at talking through options and might help you work out the way forward that might work best for both you and your family - just call 0808 808 0000 anytime between 8am and 8pm.

Thank you for reaching out on here because there will be many people in this situation. I hope you find this site as useful as I did because on here we are never alone.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge