Where to go for help

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi mum was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 3 years ago, Recently diagnosed with dementia, Saw the dr today as she has 2 swollen lymph nodes armpit & stomach, The dr wanted her to have a biopsy but she’s refused, The dr said the dementia is taken over and he is going to discharge her, He thinks it’s spread and said that the lump in the armpit is normally found in breast cancer, So now I’m think has she got breast cancer as well he said it has spread and that she may only have 2-6 months maybe longer, What do I do now, I’m going to ring Macmaillian nurses to find out more info, Feels  like the have left us with no support or what to do next, I’m not sure how I’m feeling about it all not got any emotions, x

• Hello, it’s very easy and also totally unfair to feel so alone at such a time. I get told it’s because the NHS is over stretched etc etc.but it doesn’t help the individual desperate for help, support and guidance. Please do phone MacMillan, they will definitely be able to guide you and give all the support options available. Wishing you the strength and courage to manage at such a difficult time.

take care

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories