No longer a carer

• 3 replies
  • 46 subscribers

The love of my life passed at 6.30 yesterday evening, so I will be leaving this forum.  My heart is shattered and the pain is physical.  There is just nothing. Feels like I’m living in a dream and in a daze. I wish you all the very best as you navigate your way through this cruel disease with your loved ones. It is never ever easy, there is absolutely no right or wrong and you will all be doing an incredible job regardless of how it may feel. Leaving love and well wishes x

• Hi Bim07 I am so very sorry to hear your news. Please dont feel that just because you may see yourself as not being a carer now that you cant continue to use the forum because you can and you can be about as much or as little as you like.

Sending sincere condolences and some huge big hugs your way for now. x

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Oh I am so sorry to hear this. Sending you love and light and hugs.

Wee Me xxx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello

i am so very sad to hear your news, I ceased being a carer, just under a year ago, like many people I couldn’t believe it at first, kept thinking it must be a terrible nightmare, slowly the awful reality sinks in. You need to give yourself all the time you need to help you manage, you really do need to be kind to you, and don’t expect too much, from yourself.

as has been said, you are very welcome to stay on this forum, you may find https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_experiences/bereaved-spouses-and-partners-forum helpful later when you’re ready, lots of loverly supportive people on there.

take care

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories