Hospital care to home care

• 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hubby finally coming home from hospital next week after 3 months.  Provisions arrived today and my training on how to care for him, for whatever time he has left, starts Monday. Never has learning and being assessed meant so much to me. No pressure… although failure is not an option!

• Hi

So wonderful to hear your hubby will be coming home - he will love you with all his heart to helping to be part of that. I am sure you are aware there will be moments when everything does not go totally to plan - whoever with cancer has a plan is almost certainly going to find more surprises that we ever knew might happen.

I am reminded of bringing our son home when he was born - where was the manual, what made us "suitable", but somehow we managed - well there was no choice.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hey, Bim07! I’m really happy for you and your husband! How’re you doing? There’ve been 4 months since your last reply here. You’ve made me remember a story about my grandmother. Her husband was seriously injured in a car accident, so she was the only one who could take care of him. And, you know, each time I saw her taking care of him, I burst out crying. Then I realized love is the most powerful thing in the world. Actually, my grandparents inspired me to work at 1oak (https://www.1oakcare.com/our-areas/bury-st-edmunds-home-care/) because I realized that I love taking care of people. That’s my life purpose. So, I’ll be waiting for your reply, Bim07! Best wishes to you and your dear husband!!

• Unfortunately, he passed three months ago. Life is very different now, but there was no more I could have done for him. He was at home where he wanted to be and I was by his side.