Benefits

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Please can someone give me a help with any benefits I am able to claim.

My partner who is terminal is getting worse so I am having to give up work and become his full time carer. I understand that i can claim Carers Allowance but would we be able to get help with rent or council tax. 

• Thank you 
  • My partner was able to claim top rate of Pip, and we got a reduction on the council tax,But I was refused carers Allowance. Sorry not much to go on. 

• Hello

you need to 

1. Ask a medical professional for form DS1500. They’ll either fill it in and give the form to you or send it directly to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

2. If you also claim Universal Credit, sign in to your online account and use your journal to say that you have sent a DS1500 to DWP.

3. You will not need to go to a face-to-face assessment

the Oncologist can do this form and they FAX it directly to DWP, or your GP may need to do it, As with all cancers it’s impossible to give a time frame, my Wife was given 3-6 months, but she survived 3 years & received the Max PIP throughout, which helped enormously with better food, drinks and appliances.
    4. PIP support number is 0800 917 2222, but they may not be able to help until they have form DS1500, then I believe they give you a different contact phone number for a quicker reply.

carers allowance is difficult to get, but to nest to apply, if you phone macmillan, they will explain all the benefits available to you 08082395065

https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/how-to-claim

I believe you also your partner qualifies for free NHS prescription. Our GP was more sympathetic and sorted meds etc quicker, so make sure your GP is aware.

Sending you strength.

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories