Life insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hello, my husband has been diagnosed with incurable stage 4 cancer, and is currently having immunotherapy treatment.  One worry he has is that our life insurance is linked to our mortgage which ends in a few years (which we’re hoping he’ll outlive by far Fingers crossed).  Before diagnosis we planned to take a new life insurance policy out when our current one ended, but obviously now we are in a difficult position.  Does anyone know of genuinely good policies which would be an option for us, I have said the money is the least important worry, but it is a worry to him.  I’d like to be able to take one worry away from him if I can, his main concerns are for me and our children rather then himself.

• Hi

Sorry to hear about your husband and the worry this is causing to you and your family. With my wife being in the position of living with rather than dying from cancer (six years plus and counting) I get where you are coming from and have seen a number of occasions where insurance might have been useful to us.

There is a good link here looking at all types of insurance we might think about and cancer research also has some information here that might be helpful.  

I had a endowment mortgage that did not pay out enough to cover the outstanding balance but managed to get an extended term as a repayment loan and that really helped.

Hope that helps some.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to src60

Hi, Thank you so much for sharing this information, it feels very cold to think of such things as insurance and practicalities, but these are the main worries my husband carries.  I’d rather he knows all will be well, then concentrate on the battle ahead. I’m happy to hear your wife is doing so well, we too are hoping for years, but appreciating the now as much as we can. Take care xx