Please help! How do we walk this dark path?

• 12 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi

This is my first message on here.

My husband is 51 and just been diagnosed with a life limiting (thats the only description I can manage to say)  brain tumour. He had the operation to remove what they could and is now currently having rehab ready for radiotheraphy. He now has some cognitive impairement so is not 100% himself and therefore unable to discuss his emotions about this news as he once would have. He just cries and seems incredibly sad. I know I'm the same and its to be expected but the fact we cant talk openly about it is making it worst. He is an inpatient too which adds to the pressire as I have to leave him every day with his sadness alone.

It goes without saying we are simply broken, but my main questions (of the thousands I have) are, how do we even walk this path? What can I do to give us (esp him)  the hope to live each day we have? I am numb unless I'm with him. I dont really see the point in anything, even though we have young adult  children which makes me feel abit guilty for feeling that way.

I am desperate for help on how we walk this new path we're on x

• Hi, thank you for replying. Today is a bad day, yesterday was my birthday and my hubby didnt realise, even though the kids got him to sign a card days before. Although in a way I hope however he is inside is actually sheilding him from the painful reality we face.

I miss him so much and just cannot see past the pain of that and the heartbrealing thought of having a future without him. It makes me sick and so very sad. I try to be positive that he's still here and yet I can't seem to stop the sadness of what's ahead

• A belated Happy Birthday to you.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm