Lonely and sad

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

My partner was recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma. We recently had a baby who is 5 months old and moved into a new house and he got his diagnosis all at the same time. I have been looking 

• Hello

so very sorry to hear your news. It sounds like your partner is very scared, which is understandable I am sure you are as well. You are both going through the most difficult of times, especially with a young child and a baby. Can I suggest you give MacMillan a call, 0808 808 00 00.

or they have an email support form, or will arrange to call you back, www.macmillan.org.uk/.../ask-macmillan-form.html

You will get a sympathetic  response and maybe some ideas of how to better manage. Is your husband due to get treatment ?

thinking of you

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Oh sweetie, I was so sorry to read your post. I can almost feel your desperation. We are all here for you. You need never feel alone. I can understand only too well the mood swings and being ignored, not knowing the right thing to say or do .... but I don't have small children to look after on top of everything else, trying to put up a brave smiley front for everyone's sake .... and a tiny baby, too. Many congratulations on becoming a new mum. You must be under so much pressure. Nobody should be expected to cope with so many demands on their own. This should have been such an exciting time in your life, bless your heart.

Do you have friends and/or family close by? ... and are they supportive?

If you don't - actually, even if you do - I suggest that you contact your local Macmillan Support Centre (very easy to find) and arrange to go and see them ... They are the friendliest, most amazing people. So easy to talk to, 100% supportive and totally down to earth. You will not regret it.

They can help you in so many different ways,  both practically and emotionally.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. I'll be thinking of you.

• Sending you huge hugs and lots of love  HeartHeartHeartHeart