Final days support

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi everyone, I am a carer for my mum who lives with me and my dad who is in his final weeks/months of prostrate cancer. I am concerned that I have been told that potentially my dad could die at home alone. I look after my elderly disabled mum and don’t have any support in place for her at the moment ( she only moved in with me a few weeks ago). My dad only has once a twice a week visits from the hospice service. CHC fast track are struggling to find a care agency and I am worried that my dad will die alone because I can’t be in two places at once. 

any ideas are welcome 

thank you xx

• Hi

Sorry to say I don't have any idea of how to help you in what I can see it a very difficult situation. I wonder if you tried ringing the helpline they might be able to give some suggestions.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hello

i assume there isn’t any other family who could help you with supporting your father, also it doesn’t solve your mani concern, but when my Wife Linda was in the final few weeks, she had care visits up to 4 a day, so there may be some extra support you could get, the MacMillan helpline should be able to advise better.

sending you strength 

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories