Wonder if anyone can help

• 8 replies
  • 46 subscribers

I'm a carer for my dad he is 87 and was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 11 years ago. He was then told he was clear a few years ago. But in the last year his blood readings have gone up and they said his cancer may be returning. My problem is My son lives in Australia and I haven't seen him for many years. And he has offered to pay my ticket to go out and see him for a month. But obviously I'm so worried about my dad so asked him if he wants to come. He said yes. But I tried to get insurance for him and was refused. So I was wondering if anyone knows any companies that do insurance for anyone over 80 and slso with cancer. I realise it will cost a lot more. But don't want to go without it. And I couldn't go if he didn't come as I would be too worried. But really want to see my son I've only seen him once in 20 years. And miss him so much. If anyone knows of any companies that may do it or if anyone has been in some situation. Thank you in advance. Mammalian did offer respite but I would never forgive myself and be so earlier snd he wouldn't want yo go in respite anyway he's so independent.