SERIOUSLY! What more??

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

I feel the need to post as I think about this last week. My husband was admitted to hospital last week for a night then by the end of the week he was back in hospital with sepsis and kidney failure. This is in addition to his metastasis in many other areas and only palliative care from now on in. 

The sepsis has caused terrible delirium which I never understood, absolutely horrific. Watching my husband change and be so bewildered and confused is breaking me. I'm very grateful for the care he has received so far but really fear for the coming days and weeks.

Hold on to every single good day as you never know when everything will change.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh I’m so sorry to hear.  You’re right cancer is a roller coaster and after you think you’ve hit the big drop suddenly something else can come along that is even worse.  It does make you appreciate whenever things are just normal.  I said to someone just today “there’s nothing like cancer to make you extremely grateful over just a normal day.”  I hope your husband comes back out of the delirium- sepsis can be so frightening and horrifying if your loved one starts to act in strange ways.  All best wishes to you.

• Oh Sazzi, sorry to hear this. Delirium and confusion is so hard to cope with. Stay strong. Sending you a huge virtual hug.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm