Going too fast

• 5 replies
  • 47 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer in June. It is in his lungs, both kidneys and lymph glands. Now it is in his bones. Last week we were told it is now in his brain. The Marie Chris nurses are coming out in 4 weeks to set up palliative care. Don't know what to expect,it is all going too fast. Any advice would be appreciated. X

• Hi Maggs.  So sorry.  Can't offer you any advice I'm afraid, I haven't been in your situation but am hoping you have some support for you too.  Just wanted you to know I will keep you in my thoughts.  Keep posting.  There will always be someone here.

• It's so hard , my husband is in hospital and coming home for palliative  care . Today alone I had phone calls from nurses , physio , palliative team co-ordinater and social worker but I'm really glad everything is being put in place and he's coming home . Although my husband was diagnosed Sept'19, hes generally been well but the last few weeks he just deteriorated and on Sat had to be admitted . If it helps everyone is giving great advice and are doing everything to put in place everything we need . I'm sure the Marie Curie nurses will guide you through everything  x

• Thank you both, we are doing ok so far. But will need more help soon. Just hope that the nurses will be here soon. X

• Hi Maggs.  How are things going for you and your husband.  Hope you are getting the help and support that you need

• Gazcata, we are doing ok. The nurses have phoned but won't be out for another 2weeks. The people have been out to give him a zimmer and that has helped with his walking a lot. We are due to get a telephone call from his consultant on 15th February just lots of waiting now. Thank you for your post, it helps a lot.

Maggs x