Eating

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Does anyone have any advice on recovering from neck and throat cancer regarding eating again my husband has had radiotherapy and chemo last session was 8 weeks ago but everything tastes like s disgusting like slimy  sawdust x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi and a belated welcome to the online community

I'm sorry I can't personally help you with your question but I would invite you to join our Head and neck cancer forum Group and repost your question over there as I'm sure the members will have lots of advice on eating and drinking, I'm sure this is a topic that regularly gets discussed.

As the members of the group all have or had neck and throat cancer they will be willing to share with you how they or maybe I should say their wife's/partners coped with the problem. Like all the Macmillan online community groups all the members are very friendly and supportive towards each other, and I know you will be made very welcome and made to feel at home in the group.

I am asking my friend  to look out for you joining Head and neck cancer forum and I'm sure he will be of great assistance to you

To refresh your memory if you click on the name of the group shown above in green this will take you to the groups homepage when it opens look for join this group then start a discussion and introduce yourself to the other members by posting your question again.

As you have completed your profile this will be great help to the members when they come to answer you.

Hope this information is of interest to you.

Ian

• Hi Bodach, Thanks for directing this post from Honey123 to the head and neck group, she has got some excellent replies from others in the group as i could not give much advise on eating.Disappointed So thanks again for your help, best wishes, keep up the good work. 

Chris .

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge