New diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hello everyone,

I am newly diagnosed with male breast cancer.  I am also waiting to see if I have prostate cancer too.

All my friends are freaked out by this but I have totally taken it in my stride. I feel unaffected by it to the point that I'm thinking that I am weird for my lack of reaction. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

I just seem to have resigned myself to it.

• Good morning

Maybe you're just very positive about the treatment and care being available. After a couple of days of my diagnosis I was pretty much the same. Positivity is absolutely necessary! 

Some of my friends and customers were surprised at ( what they called ) my strength and courage. To me , it was just faith in the science and medical staff that were going to get me through. I'm now in remission but about to start a month of protective radiotherapy and 12 rounds of Kadcyla. 

Keep positive, trust the treatment and thank the medic but above all accept support as and when you need it!

Good luck

• Hello  

A warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community - although I am so sorry to find you here. On the Community we do have a thread for "Blokes with Breast Cancer" and here's the link to take you there-

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/breast-cancer-forum/f/general/236346/blokes-with-breast-cancer#pifragment-13906=1

If you wish to post in the forum you will have to join the breast cancer community and to do that just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page, once you have clicked on the link.

I am sorry to hear you may also have Prostate Cancer, I hang around on the Prostate forum (33 months into my personal journey!!) - here's a link to "our" part of the Community should you need it (I hope you don't, but you can drop by if you wish!!).

Prostate cancer forum 

If I can do anything else for you please let me know.

best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.