Tips to help you stay cool through summer

• 4 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Are you feeling the heat of the warm weather? Even if the sun isn't out, the effects of humidity and high temperatures can leave us feeling uncomfortable and HOT. If you have some tips for staying cool, we would love to hear them.

Please do share your tips and tricks for keeping cool in high temperatures in this discussion thread. 

• Megan I'm going to share mine that I stumbled on as part of a joke but oh my word it works.  A cold tip top or cold drink can in the cleavage during hot weather works wonders. Please feel free to reRoflve if its too naughty. Rofl

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi granny59, having been on prostate cancer treatment and have a cleavage now i might try that.

If I'm only going out for a short time i dip a t-shirt in cold water, wring most of the water out and it's good for 30 minutes.

Eddie

• One tip I was told about, but didn't believe, is to put your hands and wrists in running cold water for a minute or two. It really does help you to feel cool all over!

I also have a very small hand-held fan, which will re-charge using your laptop/tablet/phone charger. It was only a few pounds online. It is great for cooling your face! And fits in a pocket or handbag. I use it mainly when I get hot flushes.

Candysmum

• I keep a hot water bottle in the freezer for bedtime. My daughter uses the cooling mats you get for dogs!!