opinions please.

• 5 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Just want to run this past a few people for opinions  hopefully off fellow sufferers rather than relatives, not into support groups or sharing my journey on line so will give this a try.

Me. Male 60 never been ill always been active and fit. diagnosed last year colon cancer spread to several places in lungs basically terminal. Had 5 chemos then scan. It had pushed it back a little so started another round but it’s flooring me more and more and I hadn’t even got the bad taste out of my mouth or through the exhaustion before I was due my third. So after much discussion with my wife ( and many tears) I’ve decided to knock the chemo on the head. I have always been for quality over quantity and that to me applies to life. I may get a bit longer life but at the price of feeling shite. I am missing sitting out back with my vodka and tonics. Long country walks with the dogs both of which I recommenced in the 4 week gap between chemo sessions 1&2  I couldn’t even walk to the end of the street now or drink any alcohol without projectile vomiting. Is anybody else of the same opinion in a similar situation ?

• Hi  and I am sorry to read through where things are at with regards to the progression of your cancer and the decisions you are having to make.

This is a general cancer chat group so you may well get some reply’s….. but it’s often best to post in some of the more focused groups in the community as there is more chance of getting a wider range of reply’s.

I have been living with and treated for a rare incurable blood cancer for 25 years but our journeys and choices are completely different so I have different challenges.

You may want to copy your text and put it into a post in our…..

Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer support group

You may also find our dedicated……

Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only (Please join the group but for everyones safety this will then have to be approved by the Macmillan Community Team so will not happen immediately)

…… as this group is a safe place to talk with others who are dealing with the exact same choices you are making at the moment.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike 

I guessed it would be in the wrong forum. Anyway no matter. I’ve turned the replies off now. It will be well lost down the list soon. Everyone deals with life’s challenges differently. Just thought there might be some people who don’t want to bow out feeling sick and dizzy all the time and want to leave with a pint and a spliff    

• Do check in with the other groups as these are challenges that people are dealing with in the other groups I highlighted.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Andy60, I too am terminal and on the, living with incurable cancer forum-patients only, where many share your views as do I, you will find no subject is off limits, you can open up about anything and everything, all your feelings and worries will be familiar to us all and I'm sure we can help each other on the journey we are on, If and when you decide to join you will be most welcome, best wishes.

Eddie

• Hi Andy60

There are several people in the 'Incurable Cancer' forum who feel the same way you do, as Eddiel has said. We all support each other and go through this together. It seems a shame to take the time to write your post, then turn your replies off so you don't see what others may post back to you!

I have found being in the Incurable Forum group really helpful and positive. I too have declined any more treatment, for the same reasons as you. You are not alone in this Andy!

Best wishes....hope you reply soon

Candysmum