Travel Insurance

• 2 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi

My husband has terminal cancer but is reasonably well at the moment.  We are hoping to travel to Turkey in the near future.  The consultant cannot say he is expected to live over six months. Therefore we are having difficulty getting insurance for the week.  Has anyone else experienced this and can anyone recommended an insurance company who may cover him.   Thank you 

• Hi  so sorry to hear about your husband’s prognosis.

Getting affordable Travel Insurance can be a challenge and at times the price quoted could be higher than the cost of the holiday and some people do find that no Insurance is being offered.

As a Macmillan Volunteer I am not allowed to recommend any companies but do have a look through this Recommended Travel Insurance discussion thread (do go to the bottom of the thread and hit the >> to take you to the newest posts) in our Travel insurance group as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are.

You can also look through all the individual members of posts in the group as well.

I do hope you can get cover ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Jab1234,

I spent ages looking for travel insurance, lots of pre existing conditions, recovering from Prostate cancer.

But... there was a light at the end of the tunnel.  You know Martin Lewis (from the telly), well not personally.  

Went through a search engine from his site, got a yearly policy for under £400, including all my conditions.  Insurance company called "payingtoomuch com"

It sounds a bit dodgy, but check it out!

Steve (SteveCam)