I'm a complete emotional mess /can't function

• 18 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi Everyone,  Very recently I've been told my mum has cancer in her lung & lymph nodes. I can't tell you how devastated I am. My mum is my best friend. I'm not as close to anyone else in my family. My Mum is my world. I just can't stop crying. We don't know what stage she is yet or what treatments are available. If any of you had any tips to help with the emotional outbursts I'd be very grateful 

1. Hi thankyou for the message mum is doin ok just waiting for this operation now which is next week sometime . I find the waiting for all these things to start happening has been horrific av not been holding it together these last few days I have had a good cry a few times but trying my best to be hopeful and look forward one step at a time however when my mind races with the worst case scenario its incredibly hard to stay focused x hope you and your mum is as well as can be sending love hope and prayers xx
  • I understand everything you've said - I'm struggling too. I know how much your Mum will appreciate your support. Do you see her regularly?? I'm seeing mine about once or twice a week. She's on my mind 24/7 

I've had to cut a few friends off - because they just don't get it & I don't want to talk to them about how things are at the moment. I'm having bad nights at the moment. Are you sleeping at the moment?? Sending your Mum lots of luck for her operation. 

You're doing everything you can - I really do appreciate how tough it is. 

Please do msg me anytime - I'll always get back to you. I'm trying to do housework today. Nothing takes my mind off it tbh... Keep in touch - sending you lots of love & a hug xxx

• I see my mum twice a day every day and that's just how its always been . We live just round the corner from each other so that lovely for us but I am just feeling a real bag of emotions these last few days I try not to cry but I find myself driving back home and just crying or goin for a drive an calling macmillan support line which has been an absolute god send to me because they listen and explain in an compassionate way .. also I find talking to people on here like yourself or people who have had the same cancer as my mum a real help coz you do know exactly what I am going through x

• I never realised how cruel life could be until now.. I didn't realise how powerful & strong emotions could be until now either. 

I agree with you - the Macmillan support line are always extremely empathetic & very kind. Please don't be too hard on yourself. All you can do is cope as best you can. These are life changing times we are going through. 

We will all be managing & coping in different ways & there's definitely no right or wrong way. 

I would like to see Mum more - but I don't want to overwhelm her- we are trying to find a happy balance at the moment. 

Everything about my day to day life has changed & trying to focus on anything is incredibly hard. 

We can support eachother through this. 

Xx 

• Thankyou same to you x its so important to talk now more than ever . Sending hope an prayers to you and your mum x

• Thank you, I'm always here for you. 

Give yourself time - please do msg me anytime...

Sending love & hope to you & your Mum Xx 

• Hello and  

Please forgive me for sticking my oar into your conversations but I have been watching from afar.

The support line is great - please feel free to use it anytime - on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days) - there's always someone there for you.

I don't know if you have a "Maggies" near you - this is a cancer support charity for all the family and they are a great help to everyone - whatever the cancer. - to find your nearest - here's the link https://www.maggies.org/

You are amazing with your personal support for each other - no one should fight cancer alone and together we are stronger.

If i can do anything for either of you please let me know,

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thankyou  Brian much appreciated