For You All.

• 8 replies
  • 17 subscribers

I find hope in the memories and in the smiles and laughter,

I find hope in believing there is a here after,

I find hope in friends i have found on this dark road,

I find hope in talking to share the heavy load,

I find it in the connection , i still feel you around.

I find hope in the signs you leave for me to be found,

I find hope in love that travels more father now,

i find in knowing you feel it somehow.

• Hi  

That's a lovely poem and you might like to join the express yourself forum and post it there as well as it's a space for self-expression, where you can post poems, songs, etc. If you'd like to join, just click on the link I've created.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks   for posting that - we have had a family bereavement this week, and that brought tears to my eyes, at the same time I understand the sentiments.

Best wishes - Brian (and thanks again).

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Millibob , thank you for you kind post , i feel a little bad tho as i did not wish to upset anyone more then i am sure everyone is on the forum.   Pleased you like poem, i know and have heard lots of people with this  "evil enemy "  but with respect to everyone , i  did not realise how life changing it is for the patient and family members of all ages, until i have recently experienced the sadness, anxiety , anger, desperation and now the pain of grief.

Stay in touch Millibob whenever you can , i am here even if you only want to say hi.  

• Hello latchbrook , apologies for late reply to your post, i been busy last few days.  

Thanks for link and i will post if allowed and ok with moderator, admin.

Bless.x

• Nothing to apologise for  and it's absolutely okay to post poems in the express yourself forum.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you , post has been copies to your link given.  

Thanks for kind words.

• Hello   - To be honest we have had a bad week as a family - nothing to do with Cancer etc but a death which are never nice and one that was very much unexpected.

I have Prostate Cancer and am on a "Curative Pathway" but my treatment is "hormone therapy" which reduces my testosterone to almost nothing - and one of the side effects is that I can "cry for England" and as I was reading various posts I can across yours - hence more tears.

Some people find it hard to express themselves and as a grown man people expect me to be strong - and I can be - even with no testosterone - but I have no hesitation if I wish to cry in public and I will do so and feel fine in doing so.

Thanks for your post with the poem - it's great and to be honest for me - right time right place so thanks again. Also thanks for your kind words.

Kind Regards - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Brian , its Col here...thanks for posting back.  I do feel for you as i  have very same situation 2 weeks ago, i lost my my much loved sister age 59 and i must of already cried enough to fill half the sea.  

I am pleased the poem was a tiny boost and hopefully bring a smile to you and everyone here on macmillan site, even if the smile is only for 1 sec...

Stay in touch if you wish, would like to know how you are and doing.

Best Wishes to you and family.