Biopsy results

• 5 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi guys, in a panic on a Sunday afternoon and hope someone can put my mind at rest. I had a viulvar biopsy taken on 4/3 after being referred via the two week referral. I haven’t received any results as yet however I’ve just checked my nhs app and it states  on the waiting list section “waiting for treatment”  and estimated treatment start date “June 2024” is this the routine status for someone waiting for results or does it mean they found something that needs treatment. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I never thought to look on the NHS app when I was waiting for biopsy results so I can't help with whether "waiting for treatment" means waiting for results or not.

As the online community is divided into different support forums the best way to see if others also received this message when waiting for results is to join the forum for that specific cancer. 

Unfortunately as I don't know what a "viulvar biopsy" is checking for, I can't give you a direct link to the right forum. You could either let me know or look through this list and choose the right forum for you. Once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Wishing you a non-cancerous result from your biopsy

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello Lanza24,  I am assuming you mean  a vulva biopsy, which they do to check for vulval cancer or another vulval condition.  I would suggest you chase whoever did the biopsy, either your GP or the hospital to find out the results and what the treatment will be.  Please don't leave it.  Good luck and please let us know how you get on.  All the best x

• Thanks for taking the time to respond, that’s the plan in the morning. Shouldn’t have checked my nhs app with hindsight Shrug, thanks again 

• Hello Lanza24,

I think you'll find this is the routine status and doesn't mean they've found anything - I had the same on my NHS app and when investigations etc. got underway it all changed. Now I'm a bit further down the line my app is showing an expected treatment start date but I might not actually need any treatment depending on another pending scan! So nothing to worry about at the moment I would say.

Made in 1956. Tested to destruction.
  • phew I was hoping that might be the case,

thanks for taking the time to respond