Lung cancer

• 1 reply
  • 16 subscribers

My family member has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and we're waiting for the results of what stage and treatment will be offered.

I was wondering if there was anyone who would kindly give me some deep knowledge of how my family member can help prepare themselves for the fight ahead.

What foods are best to help fight lung cancer?

Any information would be very helpful Slight smile

• Hi   and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your family members diagnosis. 

A cancer diagnosis in the family can be such a challenging and stressful time but getting support from others who are dealing with the ‘exact same' cancer type and support challenges will help a lot.

The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated……

Lung Cancer

…… support group. This group is a safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from family members who are navigating the same support journey.

As for the practical and emotional challenges of supporting your family member and indeed yourself you may benefit from joining and posting in our……

Family and Friends

……. support group where you will connect with others navigating the exact same support challenges.

To connect with a group click on the “Bold Italic Links” I have created above then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

You can then put up your own post when you’re ready by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge