Chemo tablet Abemaciclib (verzenios)

• 4 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Morning all , just wondered if anyone had taken the chemo tablet Abemaciclib (verzenios), just wondered how severe the side effects are ?? Mainly the hair loss , is it severe, do you have total hair loss while on this tablet .Thankyou 

• Hi  and J see it’s your first post so welcome. I have not had this drug but let’s look for other who have to get back to you.

The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) but you don’t say what type of cancer you have but if you care to have a look through THIS LIST you will find all our many dedicated cancer support groups listed.

These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from members who are navigating the same journey.

Have a look through the list I have given you above and once you find the group for your cancer type you can join the group by selecting “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

You can then put up your own post when you’re ready by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mel Jane
    I have been taking Abemaciclib for 12 months. It hasn't caused any hair loss. Possibly my hair grows a little slower than usual. The main side effect of this drug is diarrhoea. You can manage it with changing your diet. I avoid coffee, beer, caramelised onions, dairy immediately before a tablet, sugary foods in isolation (but it's OK after a meal). They will prescribe Imodium if you decide to take it. It reduces the risk of my cancer returning by 7 per cent so I think it's worthwhile. Wishing you all the best. 

• Thankyou for your response, I was thinking of declining the treatment because of the hair loss but feel better about trying it now , thanks again 

• Hi Mel Jan,  been on this tablet for about 15 months now was on 100g but on 50g now no hair loss coping quite well at moment got to have a Zoledronic acid infusion can effect bone density lack of calcium,  but that's me not everyone get it . Wish you well x