Are we all Night Owls then?

• 10 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Guys

Are we all just Night Owls now?

We’re all very quiet in the day, or are you all just busy? 

From about 3 am onwards I’m just wide awake.  I’m tired, just not enough to sleep.

I play some music or try and wander around this platform, maybe some meditation. I CBA with TV.

What do you lot do?

• I seem to be having trouble sleeping the last week or so not sure if it is because I am due to have a ct scan to see how I’m doing after finishing chemo in April.  I can be up until 2-3 am then I’m up for 8-9 am.  Even if I’m tried as soon as I get into bed I just can’t sleep, I have tried reading, listening to music, watching tv, playing on xbox, lying in the dark just nothing works.  It is very annoying lol x

• Well done on you finishing Chemo, I’ve got my 2nd round tomorrow. You probably are anxious on your update.

Good luck. Hope it goes well for you. 

Take care guys,

Rameses. 

• Thank you, I feel I was lucky as I didn’t have too many side effects thankfully.  Good luck with your chemo tomorrow x

• Hi, I sleep like a brick! Most of the time. Then I'll have those sleepless nights. My Christmas cards were wrote at 3.30am, back in December. I try to do something, like peel potatoes and get veg ready for evening meal, or sit with a cup of tea and just look out at the garden with the light off, it's amazing what creature's come out after dark. xx

• I used to sleep anywhere anytime. Now if I get half an hour I’ve done well. 

Weird thing I’m just not tired. I guess it’s cos I’m doing nothing all day. I used to be so active. Worked in construction, now I’m just sitting around all day as I can’t walk more than about 100 yards. 

Its Pants. 

Take care guys,

Rameses. 

• I used to be a night owl but not any more! In a complete turnaround I am in bed very early-6pm last night-and up at 6am every day including the weekend. Gone are the days of a lie in! 

I’m very tired when I go to bed, despite not doing much in the day since I’m housebound, but I when I can’t sleep I just tend to listen to music or watch rubbish tv.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Sarah

It's mad the way this affects people differently.  As I said, I could always sleep,anywhere at the drop of a hat. That's a skill I learnt when I first had kids, as soon as they were asleep I was gone too.

But now, I might be tired, a bit fatigued even but I just can't sleep. Maybe part of me doesn't want to waste time, I don't know.  

I don't have the patience for rubbish TV,  grumpy old man I guess. I do tend to put YouTube on in the background and have music videos on, i find that can be quite relaxing.  But doesn't time drag.... 

Take care guys,

Rameses. 

• Time does drag when you can’t sleep-a frequent thing for me despite my early bedtime! I’m a bit of a grumpy old woman, I need to confess. When I was having cancer treatment I was SO exhausted with radiotherapy I could have slept all day. Since my surgery, I cannot sleep all night-having two stomas tends to ensure you wake early.. I would love a full night’s sleep and a lie in. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• So right it’s when everyone is away to bed and your left on your own. 

Cath

• Hi Faloola been awake since 3am it's so hot  sound soft but just got up to make tea even in the heat.