Care at home.

• 1 reply
  • 16 subscribers

My aunty survived tongue cancer last year after major surgery and reconstruction. Her recovery was great and life was slowly getting back to normal. Around 6 weeks ago she developed severe backache. After alot of gp visits we eventually got referred investigations at our local hospital. Long story short it is now in her lungs, spine, bowel and hips and ribs. I'm bringing her home as that is where she wants to be for however long she has left. We will have support during the day I'm just worried about pain relief during the night. I will be with her I just hope I can do the best I can for her.

• Hi

I'm sorry to read that your aunt's cancer has returned and it must be an incredibly difficult time for you right now.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups so I hope you don't mind me recommending that you also join the carers only group as you'll then be able to connect directly with others who are caring for a loved one living with cancer.

If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you to the group where you can then join and post in the same way as you did here. You can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

It would be great if you could pop something about your aunt's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"