Triple A negative

• 1 reply
  • 15 subscribers

Hi, thanks for looking my wife (aged 45) has just been diagnosed with Triple A negative breast cancer grade 3.  The size of the lump is 4.7 cm so its fairly big. We have a CT Scan tomorrow to see if it has spread. My concern is the size seems to dictate outcomes. She is starting chemo very soon.  I am looking at the worst case scenario, we have a 9 year old son who we will have to tell soon. I also had lots of plans for me and my wife and we were looking forward to growing old together. I feel everything is over.

• Hi Quakerjohn welcome to the forum and i am so sorry to hear about what is happening for you.

I recognise that this is all very new news for you and its scarey not knowing what the future may look like, and thats ok. However, there is absolutely no reason at this point to to think that you and your wife will not grow old together and be able to do all the things you have in mind for yourselves. 

This time waiting for scans and results is really really difficult and our minds can get ahead of us and you are not alone on that, we all do it but it is important that you focus on the here and now and don't look too far ahead. Treatments have moved on so much and it is amazing what treatments can achieve for people. Just take it a day at a time and a bit at a time until you know what all the results are and the plan but for now focus on you and your family.

Macmillan have excellent publications for parents to talk with younger children about Cancer if that would be of any help? If you wanted to give them a call at the Helpline on 08088080000. 

Sending very best wishes for you all for now. 

gail

Community Champion Badge